November 10, 2018, Saturday, CNY Veterans
Parade and Expo, NYS Fairgrounds
Noon - Parade around Chevy Court
- 2 p.m. Center of Progress Building
Thanking our Veterans!
November 10, 2018 Veteran's Day parade, Washington
(45 minutes south of Pittsburgh). 2PM. Info and entry application download at bottom of this page, or Contact- Miles A. Glotfelty
for Sherman Day
On June 10th our friend and NY-Penn member Sherman Day
was badly injured in a tragic car
accident. While on the long road to recovery, NY-Penn Military Vehicles Collectors
Club hosted a breakfast and lunch event on July 22nd at the Home Front Café, Altamont, NY to assist the family.
from Bob M.
A HUGE thank you to Jack & Mark of the Homefront and
their VERY accomodating staff for allowing us to put on the fund raiser today. We not only had most of our members show up,
roll up their sleeves, and help but we had a large contingent from Syracuse (including the Prez!) and Binghamton as well.
Some even recruited additional friends that also helped. It was a long day, but fun and productive. As they say, you can't
keep a good man down and with thanks to Lorna and Jackie, Sherman was able to make an appearance. It was great to see him
out even if he wasn't wearing dancing shoes (yet).
We fed over 100 for breakfast
alone and with lunch and donations netted over $3,000. Lorna will be passing along the cash when she takes Sherman to the
hospital Tuesday and the donations made to NY-Penn will be reconciled with Angie by Stephanie to be forwarded when available.
It was a group effort all can be very proud of. I will also say you will never likely see that many NY-Penn members
in aprons in this lifetime. It was a sight to behold! Thank you!!! Bob
John, Jackie, Sherman, Bob M. and ? (CClock from left)
Jack Pollard, Sherman, Jackie and John Tennis (CClock from left)
Donations still being accepted. Send to:
NY-PENN MVCC INC.
Angie Gregory, Treasurer,
attn: Sherman Day benefit
East Genesee St Rd.
Auburn, NY 13021
article below (copy and paste).
Central New York Cruise Nights
Rosies Corner Ice Cream Cruise, Rt. 11,Brewerton, starts June 4th, music, raffles. 676-3572.
Sno-Top Ice Cream Rt. 92 Manlius, Manlius Car Club, 6-9pm, June 4th-Aug 27th.
Skan-Ellus Drive-In, Skaneateles, corner of Rts. 20 & 174, 5pm. 685-8280, May 7th.
· Clay Town Park & The Maple Road Boyz Car Cruise, music, 50/50's, door prizes, food. Clay
Park Central, 4821 Wetzel Rd. Liverpool, next to YMCA. Starts May 1st check out facebook or "Mapleroadboyz.com.
· Cort Lanes Bowling Alley Cortland, CNY Mustang & All Ford Club presents their annual Summer
Night Cruise In, June 5th, 19th, July 17th, July 31st (annual Rooftop Concert-live music), August 7th & 21st, 5:30-dusk,
On the bowling alley lawn, music, food, prizes, 50/50, all vehicles welcome! Visit Cnymustang-allford.com
· Bubba's Ice Cream, corner of State Rt. 3 & County Rt. 45, Palermo, just north of Phoenix.
25% discount on soft serve cones for anyone driving a vintage car or truck. Plenty of grass parking. Ray, 420-7827.
· Dr. West Park, Chittenango, Genesee St. 4:00-8:00, live music, food, vendors 727-4126, 687-3471,
firstname.lastname@example.org May 29th with farmers market starting June 5th.
· Salt City
Dogs Northern Lights Plaza, NEW night, give a ways, 5 till 8pm. starts June 5th. 454-4271.
· 3-Rivers Car Cruzin at 3-Rivers Point, corner of Rt. 57 & Gaskin Rd & Maider Rd. Town
of Clay. 50/50 raffle, food, live bands July 11, July 25, Aug 22 and Sept 6th. DJ Marty the other nights. 5-8pm starts
May 16th, Gary Schaap 374-8105, email@example.com.
· Canastota VFW Post
600 Canal St. starts May 16th Chx BBQ, June 20th Sausage, Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, July 18th Chx BBQ, August 15th, Sausage, Hot
Dogs, Hamburgers, September 19th Chx. BBQ, 5-9pm, Doug 697-3493.
· DB's Drive-In
Ice Cream Weedsport Rt. 31/Rt. 34. Jim P. Petrocini 776-4737. Full swing May 2nd.
· Rudy's Lakeside Drive-In, Oswego. Starts May 24th, 5-8 pm, food raffles. Bill Myer, 591-1897,
· The B'Ville Diner Thursday Night Cruise-in at Lysander Park, 8439 Smokey Hollow
Rd. Baldwinsville. May-Sept. 50/50 raffles, food truck and music from July-Aug. BBQ Picnic Thursday, July 19th (Rain or
Shine) at 5 pm. Follow on facebook. Rescupr@townoflysander.org, Tony Burkinshaw, Recreation Supervisor, 315 635-5999.
· Classic Cones Cruise Night. Corner of Rt. 38 & Turnpike Rd. 5-8 pm. 370-5042.
Bella Domani, 5988 E. Taft Rd. 5-till, BBQ, music, 50/50 raffles, door prizes, DJ Marty S., www.belladomani.net for more info.
Starts May 24th. 315-458-2514
· Sylvan Beach, Cars on the beach. Off Rt. 13 in the village.762-5623,
271-9223. Starts May 31st.
· Suzies Diner, 764
State Fair Blvd, just ½ mile west of NYS Fairgrounds. Good food, music ‘n fun. Starts May 25th. 468-9704
· Lewis Park, Minoa, 5 pm until dark, live music starts at 6pm, clean restrooms, ice cream &
food close by. 656-3100
Cars ‘N Coffee Wegmans Rt. 57, corner of John Glen Blvd., Liverpool, Saturday morning, 7:00-10:30. Coffee &
food inside Wegmans, 50-50 drawing. 263-6995. Starts April 28th.
· Sweet Inspirations,
Fulton, Total renovation inside. Music, food, raffles. 593-1522
------------Greater Syracuse area----------
· VB Brewery, VB Brewery 160 School St, Victor, NY. 1 block south of Rt. 96. Starts June 6th,
continues 1st & 3rd Wednesdays of each month. 5:30 - 7:30 pm.
Donuts Parking Lot North St. Dryden. "All Wheels" Cruise-In, May 30th, 50 -50 raffle, 4:30-9:00, (607) 844-5336,
(607) 279-1413, Gary MacDowell @ firstname.lastname@example.org, on now!
· Dave's Diner 2251 State Rt. 5, Schuyler, E of Utica DJ, prizes, giveaways & food. 735-4332.
· Cort Lanes Bowling Alley on Tompkins St. Cortland. Cruise nights: June 5th 19th, July 17th,
July 31st (Rooftop Concert), August 7th, 21st. Music, food and door prizes, cash prizes, 5:30 till dusk. cnymustang-allford.com.
· Super Cream Dairy Bar, 75 N West St, Homer, NY. 1st and 4th Tuesdays of each month, starts June
6th. (607) 749-3348.
· Log Cabin Restaurant, food, 2445 West Walworth Road,
Macedon, NY 986-9224. , food outside, inside.
Mac's Drive-In Restaurant Classic Car Cruise Night, 1166 Waterloo-Geneva Rd. (Rt. 5) between Seneca Falls &
Waterloo, 539-3064. Starts June 7th till Labor Day, 5pm.
· VB Brewery 160 School
St., Victor, NY. 1 block off Rt. 96. Starts June 6th then every 1st & 3rd Wednesday of the month. Music & food,
see facebook page, Victor Cruise Nights.
· Dippin Donuts 8483 Seneca Tnpk, New
Hartford, 266-0990, 50 varieties of donuts.
· Gilligans Ice Cream 64 N. Main
St, Sherburne. Great food, music, free raffle, 5-8 pm. 604 674-4397
· Wegmans Canandaigua, 345 Eastern Blvd, Rt.5 & Rt. 20, door prizes, food-drink inside (585)
· Saint John's
Church 200 E. Dominick St., Rome, music-food, hosted by Tappet Twirlers. 336-0052.
· Zems Ice Cream, Main and Hickory St. Canastota, park on the grass starts June 2nd. 5-9pm. 697-8510